Please join us for an informative evening.
Parent Orientation Thursday, October 12th:
(Please park in student lot at north end of campus and enter Auditorium)
Parents are invited to attend our 8th Grade Parent Orientation on Thursday, October 12th
- Parents arrive by 6:45 p.m. in NVD Auditorium
- Presentation by NVD Administrators and Supervisors
- Overview of the high school experience by a current NVD student and parent
- Presentation of elective courses
- Tour of facilities for parents
- 8th Grade Student Orientation Friday, October 13th:
- The visit to Northern Valley Demarest for 8th graders will be conducted on Friday, October 13th. The visit by Haworth and Demarest students will be from 9:00 a.m. to approximately 12:15 p.m. The visit for Closter students will be from 10:40 a.m. to approximately 2:00 p.m. All 8th graders will have lunch provided for them. Confirmation and further information about these visits will come from your child's middle school.
- Students will also receive information about course selection for next year, athletics, and receive a building tour of the elective areas and facilities. Information gained from this program will provide you with an opportunity to discuss your child's instructional program before planning an academic schedule in January.
- We look forward to discussing your child's academic and career goals with you. The initial step in that process is meeting parents on October 12th and 8th graders on October 13th.