Welcome to the NVD Media Center Website!
We now have a Haiku page! Go to Haiku and select NVD All Users and then Library Media Center.
Hours: 7:30am - 4pm each school day
*Closings will be posted outside the Media Center
When we're closed you can always check out
research using the tools on our website or the BELS website!
Click on the tabs above to access our book catalog, databases
& a variety of other useful tools!
Need to work on some citations for class? Check out EasyBib! Please click here to register. You can sign up for a basic account with just your own information. To get the upgraded account, please see Ms. R or e-mail her (email@example.com) to get the "coupon code".
For a quick, introductory video, please click here.
Our Purpose: To provide 24/7 access to online materials to help you become a 21st century life-long learner.
1) Students must observe all school rules & regulations
2) A fee of $.05 per day will be charged for overdue materials. A fine of $3 or more for overdue/damaged materials will result in the loss of borrowing privileges. Lost materials will be assessed based on the latest purchase price.
3) The Media Center is meant to be a quiet study space. Any individual who is causing disturbances that prevent others from working will be asked to leave. The Norsemen Nook is a space for collaborative group work and allows for student discussions at respectful volumes.
4) Food is not allowed in the Media Center and should be put away in backpacks/bags upon entering the Media Center. Drinks are allowed.
5) No phone calls are allowed. Texting and internet use are ok at appropriate times. Phones must be on silent or vibrate only.
6) Valuables are the sole responsibility of the owner & should not be left unattended.
7) Any computers or monitors in the Media Center spaces are to be used for educational purposes according to the Board of Education policies. School use always takes priority over recreational use. Students who abuse this privilege in any way are subject to losing the privilege.
8) All students must be in a seat (1 person per chair). Seats may be moved around as long as there are a reasonable number of people at a table & all seats are returned to where they came from.