Get the most out of your mobile devices!
Check back often for more new, exciting information!
E-Readers, AudioBooks & Music:
Convert PDFs, word documents etc... into Mobi and ePub formats (Kindle & Nook eBook formats): http://www.2epub.com
-To set up the EBSCOhost app on your device, please following these steps:
1) Install the app on your device using the above link
2) After installing the app, visit the EBSCOhost database page (you may have to log in with our school username & password if you aren't at school)
3) Go to the bottom of the EBSCOhost database page and click on EBSCOhost iphone and Android applications
4) Enter your e-mail address & wait for the authentication e-mail
5) Open the e-mail on the device you wish to authenticate the app on, click on the link in your e-mail
6) You should be set!
Citing Sources & Creating Bibliographies:
- EasyBib - scan a book's barcode or enter the title, choose which format you would like (MLA, ALA) and then e-mail your citation to your EasyBib account. Available on Android devices, iPads or iPhones. See Ms. R for the "coupon code" to get additional features.
Keep Up With the News:
- NY Times (apps for iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, Blackberry, Android devices & Windows Phone, download Times Reader 2.0 for use on computers & additional mobile devices) *The free version will show you only select sections of the paper
Check out the following apps which allow you to read news stories in a magazine type format & post them to your favorite social-networking sites:
- Google Currents (iPhone, iPod touch & iPad iOS 4 or later, Android 2.2 or later)
- Flipboard (iPhone 3GS & up, iPod touch 3 or later & iPad - all iOS 4 or later) *includes a tool for collecting & analyzing material for research
- Pulse (iPhone, iPod touch & iPad iOS 4 or later, Android 2.1 or later)
- Zite (iPhone, iPod touch & iPad, iOS 4 or later) *give articles thumbs up or down to help Zite learn what kinds of articles you're interested in seeing
Just for Fun:
- Library of Congress Virtual Tour
- Google Goggles - an app for Android & iPhone platforms, snap a picture of an object & learn additional information
- Wikitude - Point your phones camera at buildings & other objects and get web content related to what you're looking at
- Historypin - view historical images over a map of your location
- ZooBurst - make 3D pop-up books (basic version is free & allows for creation of 10 page stories)
- edmodo (app for android devices & iPhone)
- FirstClass e-mail (your NVNET e-mail) - iPad & iPhone version or Android version
- Haiku Deck - presentation software which includes an image search
- Penultimate - use a stylus to create a digital notebook of notes and drawings. Pages can be arranged in any order. Use outlines to create slides.
- PowerSchool (iPod touch, iPhone, iPad - all iOS 4.0 or later) Student Version or Parent Version
- PowerTeacher (iPad)
- Slide Rocket Player - will play powerpoints or Slide Rocket presentations.
- Study Hall - share information & study with friends. Apps on certain devices are currently for viewing only, but content can be edited online. (iPad, iPhone, iPod touch & Android)